Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stroller Number 6 and 7

I realized that I have a 6th stroller. It's a cheapy Babies R Us umbrella stroller that came "free with purchase." This snob hasn't used it, but I keep it just in case. (I think it retails around $14, and in my opinion, you get what you pay for!)

It's official. I have an obsession with strollers. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the double stroller that I have. Again, it's the tandem Kolcraft Contours stroller. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for in a double stroller and now I do:
1. A budget friendly option
2. One solid handle
3. Snack tray
4. Good basket
5. Good fold-up capability
6. Good steering

Option 1: Chicco Trevi Twin Stroller ($170)
1. Budget friendly: Yes, extremely!
2. Handle: I didn't like that is had the "hook" handles. Not easy to steer with one hand!
3. Snack Tray: My Peg Perego Pliko P3 has a rockin' snack tray. This had no tray and didn't even look like you could put an accessory from another company on anywhere.
4. Basket: I need a roomy basket and this didn't have one!
5. Fold-up capability: I didn't test this particular model, but that's a must.
6. Steering: This had great steering, but the snack tray and handle were the deal breakers.



Option 2: Combi Twin Sport ($220 - $230)
1. Budget friendly: Yes
2. Handle: Great!
3. Snack Tray: Yes!
4. Basket: This basket will do the job.
5. Fold-up capability: Excellent!
6. Steering: The steering was ok - really the Chicco above had better steering.

Option 3: Peg Perego Aria Twin ($340)
1. Budget friendly: Not really (for a snob that has 6 strollers already!)
2. Handlebar: Great.
3. Snack Tray: Yes, and they "flip" open.
4. Basket: Awesome.
5. Fold-up capability: Excellent!
6. Steering: The steering is great!

There are many, many options when it comes to double strollers, especially if you are on an unlimited budget. Personally, I love Peg Perego and ended up getting the Aria Twin. I didn't pay $340 for it - I actually found a model that was a couple years old and it was much less. Don't get me wrong, I am a snob about my strollers but I won't hesitate to get the brand I love for a little less!

No comments:

Post a Comment